Friday, July 27, 2007

Shark Attack

Let's keep it simple; work was awful and the manager was this great white. Shark attacking everyone in eyesight. Yes, shark attacking, not just attacking but huge, monstrous shark attacking that cleaves you in half. I just love Wendy's. I think it's shark week on the Discovery channel. I like watching shark week. It's interesting to learn about the biggest predator of the ocean; the T-rex of the sea. You could almost argue that sharks are just misunderstood, to a point. Think of shark attacks like this; sharks are curious creatures. They see me and you, land creatures, trying to become sea creatures by splashing around in the water making lots of noise and bringing tons of attention. Naturally, a shark becomes curious. Hmmm, what is this odd looking thing doing in my ocean, splashing around and disturbing the peace. On that thought you could almost say that sharks are the ocean's police; protecting the ocean and keeping the peace by biting you and me so that we stay out of the ocean; thus, protecting everything else in it. Back to the shark's thoughts. So, let's check this thing out. Hmmm, I don't have hands, what can I use to see what this thing is. My eyes suck, my fins are too short, and my nose just tells me that it smells "unnatural" to the water. Ahhhhaa! my mouth! I use my mouth for everything and trust it's abilities. My mouth shall tell me what this bubbling buffoon is. Chomp! Scream! Splash! Blood! = Shark attack. Wow, that was interesting. Definitely not a fish nor anything I've had before. So the shark moves on with his curiosity satisfied. Now the human side of the story is completely different. Here, this killer, came swimming up to an unsuspecting, harmless and innocent human being and randomly attacked him or her ( you fill in the blank) for no reason! Causing severe physical damage and psychological damage that will take years to recover. Not only that but this person will probably never step into the ocean ever again more or less a pool or any other body of water. So you see one shark's curiosity becomes one person's nightmare. One thing's justification is another's damaging attribute. There are two sides of every story. Except God's story, there's only one side to that and that's His side because when you chose to be on God's side, His story becomes yours and there is no longer two sides to every story. The question isn't if it is right or wrong, you already know the answer to that, it's if you are on His side or your own side. Are you apart of God's story or your own? Are you curious or just being attacked? I hope I don't get attacked by a shark but if I did I would be attacked while saving someone, you know go down in nice style that way when I get to Heaven I can be like, " God, I just saved my friends from this monstrous shark that cleaved me in half but it's okay, they're safe and have more time to get to know you. I did hurt at first and then I came here and it's all better."

No comments: